Monday, May 17, 2010

Bottoms up (not mine, the glass)....


Well, second day of Clomid is down the chute, or hatch, whichever. Not the big pomp and circumstance I gave it yesterday, but still excited to be taking it none the less. It’s Monday morning and hard to be excited about too much.

So let’s talk a little more about Clomid. I had never heard of it before March 29, 2010 and had no idea that people I knew have taken it and had babies! I read some of the side effects that were possible from taking it: headaches, bloating, dizziness, pelvic/abdominal pain, nausea, fatigue…I think the only side effects I’ve experience are dizziness and fatigue. I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and as I bent over to put a movie I picked out of the $5 bin into my basket, the whole thing spun around on me. I’m feeling it a little bit as I sit here at my desk. I did see one side effect that said possible weight loss and I am beside myself with anticipation waiting for that one to kick in!

Planning and hoping for a baby has made me reflect quite a bit on my past. I am a preacher’s daughter and was brought up loving Jesus and devoting time to the church and our church family. Like a lot of young people, once I got out of the house and gained some independence, I rebelled against so many of the people, traditions and scripture I was brought up to respect and love. My lapse lasted a few years and like so many I soon found my way home again. But during that time, I did some things that I am not proud of. At times I have feared that my infertility was a punishment for my times of being a wayward daughter. I had to find a way to forgive myself before I was able to accept God’s forgiveness. I kept allowing my past sins to haunt me and keep me from allowing God to cleanse my soul. It took several days of me down on my knees and praying for a way to forgive myself, but with God’s help, I have finally found the peace I needed within. Today, I allow those scars to serve as a reminder to me that I should never stray again from the path of God’s will, but I will never allow them to keep me from God’s love.

This is an excerpt from www.proverbs31.org. This is a wonderful daily devotional and most mornings, it really hits the spot! I hope it helps someone else out there too:

"Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs." Isaiah 61:7

Consider the years of your life you feel might have been wasted. Reread and memorize Isaiah 61:7, today's key verse. Cast away your shame and look for your double portion of inheritance. Rejoice in God's mercy and grace.

Dear Lord, thank You for having mercy on me. Display Your will for my life. Enable me to fulfill the gifts and call in my life, so that others will understand Your grace and mighty power. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


I highly recommend checking out this website!! It is designed to give daily encouragement to women. Many days I leave it open on my desktop so that occasionally I see it throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment