Thursday, May 13, 2010

Excited and hopeful...

Well, after spending five days thinking I was pregnant. Mother Nature told me otherwise. Sad face. But after talking with Josh, we decided it was a good sign that SOMETHING happened. I mean, NOTHING has been happening so SOMETHING is a welcome change.

I called Nurse Laura at the OB’s office and she called in my prescription for Clomid. 50mg a day. This will be my first time taking fertility drugs. I start taking it Sunday. “Take the Clomid on cycle days 5-9 and then intercourse every other day on days 10-20. Just remember to have fun and not make it a chore.” Josh will be delighted to hear this!

Yesterday I bought some prenatal vitamins. Today I am only drinking water (okay ONE Dr. Pepper) and having a cob salad from United for lunch with Kraft balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing..yummy! No snacking this afternoon and spaghetti with olive oil and a little parmesan for dinner.

I know I need to start walking or something again. I HAVE to. I can’t take this. And I am so afraid that if and when I do get pregnant, I will gain 50 more pounds and completely lose sight of me. Sooo onward to a better me!!! Ah-hem. I sort of talked around that because it’s raining outside. I do have an exercise bike at home. The only problem is that my one eyed cat Sheldon and dogs Maggie and Lucy have to be near me and I’m always afraid I’ll kick them with the pedal. It's an excuse though. Maybe I will put them outside and ride the bike while watching The Office. There. Blah.

Speaking of prescriptions, Walgreens now has Rx pickup texting. I love this! I am currently taking Lexapro for my anxiety/depression aka crazy issues, and I signed up for texting notifications. It’s great! I just received a text from them so I know Laura has called in my Clomid Rx. Which means more baby making hopes are on the way.

This verse really gave me comfort yesterday when I was so sad:

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." John 15:4 (NIV)

Nice reminder. Thanks www.proverbs31.org daily devotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment