Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's Clomid day!


Well, today's the day! Today I begin taking the fertility drug Clomid. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Should I just take it now? I think I will. Drum roll please\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/...Ta daaaaa! Crash! Boom!

And now we wait...

There sure is a lot of waiting involved in baby making. Have sex these carefully planned days. Then wait for a sign....Oooh my breasts are really sore and I seem to be peeing a lot today. Is it because I'm pregnant or because I'm about to start my period and I've been drinking a lot of water today? "Have you missed your period yet? No? Then you have to wait." ... Hey I'm spotting a little early this cycle....Is it implantation bleeding or have I totally screwed up my cycle with all of this anticipation? "Have you missed your period yet? No? Then you have to wait." I took five pregnancy tests when I started spotting early. Five. Then, six days later when I did have my period, it was AWFUL. Nurse Laura said there was no way to tell if I had been pregnant, but at least my body was responding to changes we've been making. So she called in the Rx for Clomid, and we wait until my 5th cycle day. It's here! yay! Now I wait until my 6th cycle day and take another pill, and so on through my 9th cycle day. Then my ovaries are open for business for the next 10 days, we go at it, have some good times, and then we wait again to see if there's a baby in there.

The cool part is that we are doing SOMETHING. We went years without asking for medical help. But I was in school and it was important to me to graduate and start a career. Now, good people are working with us to make this happen. Lots of loving Christians are praying for us that this will happen.

Dear Lord, keep our spirits up. My life, my strength and my hope are in You. Thank you for the blessings in my life. Thank you for my family who loves me. Thank you for the waiting - because it keeps my goals in perspective - it makes me a little crazy(er) but it teaches me patience and makes me so aware of the simpleness of day to day. Bless Josh - he is such an awesome man, and is going to make the funnest, craziest, most loving, protective and awesome dad ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment